Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Fourth Post

hey, this afternoon I was browsing the internet and found this article the very much relates to business. The link to the article is:
http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/17765/meetings-make-you-stupid

The title of the article is Meetings Make You Stupid. The basic summary of the article is that about a study scientists had that proves that meetins reduced productivity. They asked a group to come up with as many brands of soft drinks as they possibly could. The group came up with a smaller number than when they worked on it by them selves. This does go against what has been said through out history about how groups come up with better ideas. This big problem with groups is that certain ideas are not taken in to consideration.

I think this article does make a good point. I know personally that when I work in groups, I end up taking a back seat. So any good ideas I have are usually not said. Plus when I am in a group, I feel that I am more pressured to put my 2 cents in. I usally go blank when I am under pressure. I do agree that meetings are still necessary because we have to inform people, but certain things should be left for people to work on themselves rather than in a group.

No comments: