Saturday, March 31, 2007

March Second Post

hey, I hope you guys are all ready for school start again. I know I'm not. Anyways since the deadline for taxes is coming up, I found a article that I thought would be very appropriate. I found this article on yahoo news. The link to the article is http://news.yahoo.com/s/fool/20070329/bs_fool_fool/117517863705;_ylt=AiWXMZQaGzFVm4WLC2n.AMbq188F.

The title of the article I choose is "Stop paying High Taxes!". The article starts by talking about how families are always trying to find ways to cut their expenses. What most families look past is their taxes. Rather than simply looking at just entertainment or restaurant expenses, families should be paying attention to their taxes also. Just because taxes are paid once a year, it does not mean that people should not pay attention to it. Rather than making a year chore, people can do many things to save money on their taxes. One this to do is keep an eye of for deducitons through out the year. Keep a friendly reminder that you have to pay taxes and try to find ways in which you recieve tax deductions. Keeping records of all the deductions will keep you safe. By having good records, you don't have to worry about paying extra fines for things you did not forgot to file for. Also filling out the right forms can help you from losing money from your pay checks. If you fill out the right tax forms for work, the government might be taking out less money from your pay check. This means more money for you at the present time, rather than waiting for a big check to come once a year. The last bit of advice is to take in to consideration that you have to pay taxes when you are making any big decisions. These decisions can include any investments or even purchasing a house or a car.

I think this article proves a very good point about being aware of your taxes. I know when I use to work, taxes use to really bother me. I hated having money taken out of my pay check. I knew that I would get it back eventually, but I rather would have spent it when i got paid. This article is not very relevant to me as of now, because I dont currently work. Yet I think it is very useful for those who work. I think that this aticle would be very help ful for the working class. It would definetly help prevent the government from taking away the money people work so hard for.

No comments: